Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
anyone here heard of lifereef .,
for sump/ design

Yes...
Had them build me a wet/dry back many years ago when I dabbled in salt water on my 150 Gal.

Super high quality products that probably cost more than most. But if you want top notch stuff this is the place.
I sold the wet/dry about 6 years after I bought it for only about $50 less than I paid!

·
Registered
379 Posts
THANKS for the nice info. I did most my filter system and UV sterilizer myself, for a good reason: most products on the market do not meet my specifications. Twenty some years ago when I first converted my fresh water tank into marine, I have many choices on wet-dry with fancy spin-spray bar, which I liked but now it seems to be disappeared from the market. The popular fixed bar spray and micron-bag type wet dry today isn't good enough for me, because I have a specification to change tank water ANNUALLY. All the high power protein skimmers on the market use power heads to run, which is another waste in power and creating extra noise to my tankmates. Yes, noise is a major problem to the fish's long term survival and I have yet to see a discussion on this important subject. For this, I built a 2-ft gravity-fed Berlin skimmer, worked silently and efficiently, without any extra power. Nitrate and phosphate in water must be dealt with biologically with an alge scrubber (again a DIY item), to achieve >12 months water change schedule. Under these conditions most of my fishes in the tank lived a very long life (>13 years in my tank for the cinnamon, died naturally at age of ~18, blueface, >10 years still happily in tank,check my photo postings).
Treliantf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts