Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished setting up my 120gl tonight and have since noticed a new piece of driftwood is turning the water a tea color (centerpiece 32 inches high and looks different than my African drift- My other two African dirftwood was transplanted down from my 80l with no issues.

I boiled it and soaked it for a few days too but it still oozes - not like the African wood. Got it at azgardens.com who are aquascape gurus.

Will this hurt the fish in any way? They arrive on Friday or should I remove and rework with another scape?

Pictures to follow.

Thanks in advance,
Chef

·
Registered
724 Posts
The leaky driftwood should have no ill effect on your fish. It's just a matter of your preference for colorless vs. tea-colored water!

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
This tea colored water is only tannins, being leached from your driftwood, which in fact depending on your fish of choice, may provide them with the type of water they prefer. Tetras, neons, Discus, and other soft acidic water fishes from the Amazon will thrive in this enviornment. And to me at least actually adds to the visual effect of a well planted tank. But its one of those " If You like it, You like it deals" :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
*i/a*

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are there pictures of stained tanks?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts