Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a plant supplement that contains all the usual stuff such as iron and potassium. Will this be a problem with my Ghost Shrimp in the tank. I know not to put medication into a tank with inverts, but what about this stuff?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I can't say for your particular product, but I use fertilisers with my planted invertebrate tank and that has mussels, cherry shrimp, snails, ghost shrimp, filter shrimp, bee shrimp and amano shrimp. With no problems. The best bet is to catch a shrimp put it in a jar with the correct concentration of fertiliser in the water and watch it for a few hours to make sure it will be ok without risking all of your shrimp

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got mine at PetsMart but I'm guessing you can get them anywhere. I even saw them at wallmart today, but I wouldnt buy them from there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have seen some at Petco but didn't really know if I should buy them from there. My LFS doesn't have any. Also, my tank has barbs so I am a little worried about getting any. I figure I should get some bigger ones if I do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts