Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
**Highly Valued Contributer**
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, some lazy people from the club went out during the week a while back and got some cool fish for the aquariums.

I especially like the hog fish (bodianus mesothorax) nice fish, even as an adult, can be a bit nasty to the little aquarium pets.

Of course an old faithful for a tank, another long nose (forcipiger flavissimus) nice fish to have in a reef tank nibbling away at those pesky little crabs as such, before they get to big.

There were also a couple of anthias caught, not my favourite, they require regular feeding, pretty though.

these are the pics

Reactions: MediaHound

·
**Highly Valued Contributer**
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we got a male and a female pictilis a while back,weird looking anthias,they would be the first ones for ages,they are nrmally only a deep water fish,Dave got them.

I saw them and thought what the ----,than a small clown rigger showed it self,stuff the anthias so he got the first one and i scared the other back to him.

They are a weird looking fish,they look a lolly pop with fins.

They are a bit hard to keep i have found unless you have cool and hard water.

I love the little ones we found the other day living in the cracks under an anemone,i was lining up to catch a couple of latz,up and down until i had them worked out and here are what i think were anthias,can't find them in the books or the net,cute fish,Dave gave the one i caught to his son,i don't keep anthias,i wouldnt look after them properly,to much feeding these days for me to do.

we see a few anthias around the place,there used to be huge communities of them,but they got popular for reef tanks these days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts