Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a kole tang get along with a pacific blue tang? Any experience you've had with eather?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Tangs of different body shapes usually get along OK, its when they have the same body shape they do battle for me. I would'nt put two in a tank any smaller than 90 of so gallons though, they need room to swim and grow. Alwasy stock a tank based on the fishes adult size not how big they are today, your goal is to keep them their entire life so make sure you have the room. I have had several tangs including a hippo and sailfin live past 13 years and many past 7 years.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 120 gallon and my Kole isnt fully grown. Thanks for the info. You guys are great!

·
~/root
661 Posts
I have a love for tangs.
I have a 150 gallon reef with a kole tang, yellow tang, sailfin tang, blue hippo tang, and a powder blue tang.

They do on occasion get into each others way and start sword fighting with their barbs but this is only once in a full moon. 99% of the time they are great with each other. However keep in mind just because 1 person has a good experience doesn't mean it will be good for you. Always use caution when introducing new tank mates.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts