Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you do to keep that dreaded Algae out of your tanks ???,

Lets hear your battle plans or ideas on how to best combat this dreaded occurance.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I dose dry ferts so for me....balance is the key.

I have to figure out the right amount of nutrients and lighting. Has been working really well except for when I don't dose phosphates in a spell. Then I get the dreaded GSA.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I dont mind a little algae, but to keep it in check; Lots of plants, lighting and amano shrimp. Those buggers work on algae 24 hours a day!

·
Banned
3,683 Posts
What do you do to keep that dreaded Algae out of your tanks ???,

Lets hear your battle plans or ideas on how to best combat this dreaded occurance.

Nothing.

have a 7 year old tank that I have not even cleaned the glass on for over two years.

It's just simply a 1 tube flourescent 10g planted with guppies from the original cycle trio. Substrate is just play sand.

All I do is replace the water the evaporates and add food every day. when gone on vacation I don't even do that.

No mechanical filter, no circulation not even an air stone.

So like I said:

Nothing. *Glasses*

·
Entertainment Commitee
314 Posts
mostly lighting i have several members of a cleanup crew that do just spectacular lol love them lots hahahahahhaha

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nothing.

have a 7 year old tank that I have not even cleaned the glass on for over two years.

It's just simply a 1 tube flourescent 10g planted with guppies from the original cycle trio. Substrate is just play sand.

All I do is replace the water the evaporates and add food every day. when gone on vacation I don't even do that.

No mechanical filter, no circulation not even an air stone.

So like I said:

Nothing. *Glasses*
that's amazing. you have your own thriving ecosystem! pictures!

·
Registered
199 Posts
It doesn't seem to be a problem. I do have a pleco in one tank that does a good job. the others I have a little magnetic scrubber but I rarly have to use them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts