Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm setting up a 10 gallon tropical tank. The type of fish I am going to put in it changes by the day, but here is what I have now:

4-6 panda cories
3-6 guppies

However, because I have a smaller tank, I need a fish that can keep the guppy pop down. I really like the dwarf gouramis, but I've heard that they will sometimes bother or eat adult guppies.

What do you think? I need something that will eat guppy fry before they grow up, but leave adult guppies alone. It's okay if a few fry live , because my biology teacher at schools has some chiclids who are always up for a snack of small fish. However, I don't want to be always taking tanks of fish to school. I want most of them to get eaten

Thanks,
Isaac
kidbookrev is online now Report Post Reply With Quote

·
Master of mistakes
35 Posts
no real easy answer here i am afraid.....if you toss something that will eat the fry..then they will most likely eat the guppies also......maybe what you can do is control the adult population rather then the fry....maybe get a crayfish, when its dark he will nab one or two here and there as they sleep

Doug

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
mosquito fish are highly predatory, and will not eat the adults, but they tend to be fin nippers..... there are even spotted (black and white) ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts