Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While doing a water change, I accidently mixed up my water jugs and filled up the one that I was using for my salt tank. I put the water in my fresh tank an needless to say a bit of left-over salt surged into my tank. It's not a lot, probably less than a tablespoon or two, but you can very easily see tons of little white specks all over the tank *#3 It only makes it worse that i just got finished acclimating my new cuban cichlid. *n1 I did a couple water changes, but uh... damn that was stupid *r2

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Sorry to hear it. I am absolutely passionate about salt being left out of my tanks so I know how you must feel. It is hard to think of this happening to you when I know how careful you are with your tanks.

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
X2 Ive used salt in aquariums for a lot of years with no detrimental effects at all and actually have noticed healing effects on injured fish, I use 1 teaspoon to 10 gallons of water of aquarium salt that contains no other additives like iodine etc. But never use salt where scale less fish such as corys are in the tank. I dont think you will see any ill effects of any kind, especially since you did such a massive water change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts