Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All and happy Thanksgiving. Mine is a bit sad -- I lost two of my clown loches to ich. Had them for three years and they were beautiful and happy. Two weeks ago, for the first time in two years, got some new plants and three neons in a reputable shop in North Jersey. Did ich-prevention treatment for 5 days with no sign of trouble. Did not take out carbon since the person in the store said it is not necessary. Then one of the new neons dissapeared. Five days ago I noticed that loches are behaving oddly. Began same ich treatment with the same product but this time took out carbon and increased water temperature to 80. Two days ago, there was a thin layer of white film on them both. Continued with treatment. Yesterday one of them died and today, woke up to the other one stuck to the filer :( All other fish seem healthy.

I have a few questions. First of all -- why did this happen and how could I have prevented it? How long do I contine to treat water for? I really like loaches but am not sure I would want to go through this again. Are there other fish that grow to mid size, are fun and colorful and can co-exist with other small fish (guppies, neons)? I watched angel fish, once they matured, go after guppies and then murder each other and do not want to repeat this horror. I have a 30 gallon tank.

Many thanks for your words of wisdom.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts