Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have been an aquarist since 1970 when I had my first goldfish bowl.:goldfish:

Ihave had many fresh water tcommunity tanks over the years,varying in size from 1 gallon to 55 gallon. I have had a 30 gallon saltwater tank, a 20 gallon saltwater tank. i have had as many as 6 tanks at one time. I gave most of them away due to moving. I hate to move fish and tanks.

I have had all kinds of fish and tank critters, saltwater: an octopus, yellow tang, yellow tail damsel, robinson morray eel,sea anenomes, featherdusters, starfish, hermit crabs, and others; freshwater: oscars, gouramis, mollies, guppies, koi, channel cats, pictus cats, eclipse cats, neon tetras , danois, and many more.

I now have 1 10 gallon tank with 4 Arandas in it , another 10 gallon tank with community fish in it, and my third tank is a 20 gallon hex with 1 Gold Veil Angel and 1 Marble Veil Angel. And 1 Brandy fishbowl with a male Betta.

I am prresently searching for a fourth tank to keep Seahorses in.

That pretty much sums up my aquria experiences.:fish-new:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nice to meet you Janette!
I'm new here too!

we might have to have a chat about that betta BOWL though....hee hee

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Welcome to the site..... Is it amazing all the changes that have occurred over the last 30 years in the hobby. For those of us who kept fish in the 70's and early 80's the things that we did to the tanks would be considered animal abuse now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the reply.

I have kept this particular Betta in his bowl now for 4 years and he likes it just fine. I keep up on his water quality and I hope to have him around for quite a while longer.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Welcome to this great forum. Nice to have you here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts