Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a Iwaki MD55RLT and have had it now for a total of 14 months. Yesterday, the pump started making some incredibly horrible noises. First, checked to ensure that nothing was caught in the impeller. Next made sure that the fan wasn't hitting the casing. Next, I called Iwaki, who basically told me: "...tough luck. Sounds like a bearing. Our pumps usually last four to six years, I guess yours didn't, but it is out of warranty. You'll need to buy a new one." Not a chance in hades will I EVER buy a Iwaki Pump again. Mine didn't last very long and all they could say is "sorry about that". If you are going to buy a premium pump at a premium price, you would expect premium service. NOT from Iwaki.

·
~/root
661 Posts
That really sucks but in all honesty i hate to break your balls, if it's out of warranty then it's out of warranty. Not much they can do about that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Japanese. My issue isn't that as much that it failed, or that it was out of warranty. It was their cavalier attitude at Iwaki USA and the fact that an upper end pump has such a short warranty. I have purchased a Blue Line from Aquacave and have sent the Iwaki to an electric motor repair company hoping that they can replace the bushing. Assuming that is what is wrong with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts