Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Aqua Addict
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been eyeing this setup for awhile, but don't have the cash at the moment or know if this is a good deal or not. I'd love to get a high tech setup though*c/p*

PRICE REDUCED FROM $900 TO $499

Up for sale is a complete aquarium package designed for creating a freshwater planted aquarium. Properly done, an aquarium setup to grow live plants is far more spectacular than the typical aquarium done with plastic plants, rocks, etc. It can truly be the centerpiece of a living room and a real conversation starter. I spent 3 expensive years in the "school-of-hard-knocks" building this system, picking out the proper heating, lighting, UV sterilization, and filtration equipment that work well together. I ran the system for another 2 years beautifully, but other hobbies and travel now demand my attention. So, I carefully took the system down last month. If you're interested in developing your own freshwater planted aquarium, for sale here is everything you need (except water, fish, and gravel) to get going. Major pieces of equipment (and original pricing) included are as follows:

Top Fin 55 Gallon Aquarium: $109

Custom Pine Aquarium Stand & Hood: $200

48" 4x65W Coralife LUNAR Aqualight Deluxe Series2 x Actinic and 2 x 10,000K, 4x 3/4W Blue LED's (moonlight) -Straight Pin Base: $240

15w 3/4" w/ Wiper Aqua Ultraviolet UV Sterilizer: $189

Rena FilStar xP2 300 GPH External Canister Filter: $149

Milwaukee SMS 122 pH/CO2 Controller: $141.95

Milwaukee MA957 CO2 regulator: $116.95

PGP Power Reactor CO2 system: $49.95

10 lb. Steel CO2 Cylinders (full): 2 x $80 ea: $160

Also included is a box full of miscellaneous replacement parts, heaters, spares, bulbs, fittings, and other equipment necessary to maintain and operate your aquarium. I've got over $2,000 into this system, but if you want it, the whole package is yours for $499 o.b.o. (local pickup only please). I have lots of additional pictures...just let me know and I can send them....or come by and have a look.

·
Banned
3,683 Posts
I don't use any mechanical filters or co2. therefore I would not buy it.

My .02

·
Aqua Addict
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya I think I am going to get it! I have wanted a pressurized setup for awhile and was going to get one for my 55 this spring anyway. This way I get a full setup that works well together.

·
Aqua Addict
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well bought it home tonight. It is alot to figure out. The guy was out of town, so I picked it up from his wife, which means I didn't get how it all works explained to me real well. I think I can figure most of it out when I set it up this spring. But I might get stuck a few times so stand by for questions and pictures trying to figure out what stuff is and how it all works together

·
Banned
3,683 Posts
Well bought it home tonight. It is alot to figure out. The guy was out of town, so I picked it up from his wife, which means I didn't get how it all works explained to me real well. I think I can figure most of it out when I set it up this spring. But I might get stuck a few times so stand by for questions and pictures trying to figure out what stuff is and how it all works together
Isn't it fun figuring all that out. *old dude

1 - 9 of 9 Posts