Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
I was thinking a tank 96x36x24 and that would come in at about 350 gallons and that was why I asked what size he planned to setup

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yeah, that's a big tank. Would be nice to see it once complete. Here I was, concerned at first with my 20 gallon's weight...I can't imagine the weight of that tank. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am new here this is my first post and to answer your Q I believe they are . Go to the Texas Parks and Wildlife site and check . Was on their site couple wks ago checking to see if a type of algae was legal and not sure I think elec ell was on the list . Southern waterways are warm enough that they could possible reproduce.
Gary

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, that kinda puts a hold on that idea, unless I move. Do u have the links for other states, maybe, Alaska?*c/p* Interesting that there were no sharks on the list tho.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Most people dont keep sharks except smaller species that wouldnt last in the wilds of GoM waters. Most of Texas' game fish will eat FW sharks quickly.

Yes jsut go to google and search by state for each parks and rec department OR Department of Natural Resources. Id look but I am trying to get to the fish store then get groceries right now.

Alaska is touchy with things like this due to their vast natural ecosystem there and the risk of invasives. most the state of alaska is natural land and they fight to keep it that way.

You can also just get a USDA liscense for keeping exotics. Takes some time and money but it can happen, just make sure you are serious about this. Monster fish arent easy to keep and are alot more subseptical to disease.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Most people dont keep sharks except smaller species that wouldnt last in the wilds of GoM waters. Most of Texas' game fish will eat FW sharks quickly.

Yes jsut go to google and search by state for each parks and rec department OR Department of Natural Resources. Id look but I am trying to get to the fish store then get groceries right now.

Alaska is touchy with things like this due to their vast natural ecosystem there and the risk of invasives. most the state of alaska is natural land and they fight to keep it that way.

You can also just get a USDA liscense for keeping exotics. Takes some time and money but it can happen, just make sure you are serious about this. Monster fish arent easy to keep and are alot more subseptical to disease.
Where would be the right place to start, to get a usda exotics license?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts