Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10 gallon cube planted tank, with adequate filtration systems and frequent water changes. All the fish are compatible with each other and I have no aggression from any of them.

Stocking :
1 male Betta
3 red coral platies ( all female)
A few small ramshorns
4 small ghost shrimp

I'm thinking of removing all snails to get less bioload .

Edit : tank is heavily planted and I have pothos

·
Registered
Community Tank
15 Posts
I started ( back in 1971 or so) with a 5 gal tank. I found out for myself that the larger the tank the easier they where to get set up and cycled. (Up to a point) I'm now running a 46 gal now front. Where I live, anything much larger would cramp my living space. You can run more filtration and clean often enough to keep your water quality in check but the fish need plenty of room to swim also. I don't think you have too many fish now, but as some one else pointed out, if your present fish have offspring, you will be getting overloaded in a hurry. I always recommend that you go with as large a tank as you can afford and have room for. Good luck and enjoy yourself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ramshorn snails are prolific breeders, pull out all you can. Have you had the platies for awhile? Make sure they aren't pregnant. Should be fine just keep eyeon parameters.
Problem I’ve always read with “tall” tanks, and I think it would apply to your “cube” is that water surface area to volume ratio is not optimum for keeping the water well oxygenated, so I’d agree with others to keep a close eye on things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts