Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new here! I only have a small 2 gallon filtered aquarium with one female betta named Susie. I wish I could have a really big aquarium, I just don't have the space. I used to have a five gallon aquarium with two parrot fish & an algea eater. That was about five years ago & those fish lived for seven years. I have only one question. I was wondering if I could put one female betta in with Susie. Would they get along? Is there enough room?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Hope you like it here and I can't wait to see pictures of your beta! ( maybe betas soon?! ) I guess it's enough room for two if they get stuck in those small cups.. I'm sure someone who knows a lot about betas will be able to answer this better. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I don't have a digital camera, & I have a really old gateway2000 computer, so I'm sure it will be awhile until I can post a picture. I also have two cats Morris is a shelter rescue who will be 7 yr in Oct. & Shadow who is 5yrs., one spider plant, & I'm a single mom whose on disability. My daughter Sabrina will be 12 in November. I'll be getting one more female betta but not right away. I just got Susie two and a half weeks ago.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Thanks for joining and for making our forum a better one. We look forward to seeing you in the Betta Section and I want to welcome you and your betta, Susie.

Sorry but 2 gallons is not enough room for two betta females. They are territorial little critters and will fight to see who is dominant and one will lose unfortunately and that would be sad. They only get along in sorority tanks when the room is very large like 50 gallons or so and lots of caves and plants to hide from each other and get away from the fights. I have seen the females being harsher on each other than the males and they are deadly. Susie can have an otocinclus catfish with her though if you really want her to have company in that tank but it will be crowded and she may not like it very well.

Rose

Reactions: MediaHound

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
*w2 to the site. We welcome all hobbyist big or small, because if you love fish and keeping them, youre part of this family. Im sure you'll enjoy yourself, and our Betta section is unequaled anywhere, in my opinion :). so pull up a chair, and start enjoying yourself.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice to have you here with us.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts