Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:fish-new:Hi, my name is Jsm, and after having a 75 gallon for years when groing up I'm getting back into more and more each month. I really like the forum and there seems to be a ton of knowledge here..It's awesome that the internet has been able to bring together so much knowledge into one place...Something that wasn't available to me as a kid.

Got a 30 gallon tank that is/was established. Had it up for about 1/2 a year.

Has
8 neon tetra
6 Zebra Danio
2 Spotted Cory

First:
Is the emporer 400 too much for this size...I purchased it in place of a whisper 30 that just junked out....It seems to be haulin water pretty darn quick...Any way to slow it down a little, or leave it alone the fish will adjust to the current?

Second:
Looking to add 2 ghost shrimp
And probably 6-8 Neon of Jumbo Neon Tetra...
Is this going to be overpopulated? Recommend me the appropriate amount for a filter and tank of the aforementioned size....Thanks

Thanks,
Jsm11

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
welcome to the site! instead of more neons, i would say u need at least 1 more spotted cory. they need to be in schools. u also need some type of algae control, like an oto or dwarf pleco. i would never here of 2 much filtration what u have is fine.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome to the Forum,I agree with Tyler can never get to much filtration.Just keep an eye on the intake tube,As long as it is not sucking your fish to it then you will be fine.And like Tyler stated i would look into some sort of algae eater.The cory are bottom feeders so they will help keep the bottom clean but not the glass.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can certainly stand 2 more cory's in a few weeks, an oto, and some tetras to add some color.

Thanks for the suggestions

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
o and otos are schooling as well. u need 3 otos 1 or 2 more Cory's. that will top off your tank.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, got the filter up and running for a few days now and it's crystal clear...Amazing what a good filter does..

Might try 4 jumbo tetra and an oto

1 - 9 of 9 Posts