Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started by 75 gallon community tank back in August. Since day one I've been using Neutra Regulator to remove the chlorine. Yesterday I was talking to my fish guy and I mentioned I had well water and he stopped me... and as soon as he did, I closed my eyes and realized, I don't need to remove chlorine. I don't have any. He went on to say (without making me feel too stupid) that I really don't need to condition that water with anything as long as it's well water. Sure, I might have hard metals or phosphate issues, but don't need a water conditioner. So I'm going to do a water change and try it without adding anything to the water except ferts for the plants, of course. I'm also going to use my phosguard since it might actually work now. I had been using it but it was being negated and used up by the neutra regulator because that's phosphate based... stupid stupid me.

·
Registered
724 Posts
It's really easy to overlook simple things like that. At least it wasn't something stupid and harmful!

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Nothing stupid about it. I have well water and use Prime at every water change. Before using the phosguard though, I would test ur phophates. I actually add phophate to my tanks as part of my fert dosing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts