Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
first of all get them away from the big fish or else they will get eaten
as far as feeding i have herd of people using baby brine shrimp or crushed flake food

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
if they are in with parents as the only fish in it and the only filtration is a sponge filter, u can keep them in. if not, either move them out or get 1 of those breeder nets.

·
Registered
19 Posts
well,you should look at the 2 that gave you the little joyes if they eat or attack them remove them divide the tank or place them in a secondary tank.if they dont attack or eat the little ones keep them together for the best chance for adult hood,however,food brine shrimp is a good source but not an adequate diet.you should feed them vegetables. romaine lettuce is good but start very small giving only bits of lettuce rise the level of out put if they like it mix this with the diet that you give the big ones and supply the diet to the little ones,as they get bigger rise the numbers example 1in-1 time a day exc..
this is just me saying

·
Registered
9 Posts
i had platies once a long time ago,i wasnt very experienced back then.well one day i was lookin in the tank and saw how big my female platy was getting so i got excited at the prospect of babies !!!!,but i was nt sure much back then,then one day i saw sum tiny iccle fish under and around the plants,i didnt have a seperate tank of breeder trap so i thought see how they go and i read to ground sum flake food down to powder.
or roll up a tiny ball of flake so it sinks,my baby platies would come out of hiding and go for this while the adults wud feed on the top.everytime i would do my routine maintenance of tank i kept finding more baby fish awwwwwwww.
but that said some did get eaten, but i did manage to end up with 2 new adult platies without seperating which can happen if you are lucky but if you wish to keep them all.what others have said transfer them to a breeder until they older or another tank.
good luck with your new babies,it is lovely to get babies

1 - 6 of 6 Posts