Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dont know if this should be on here but cant seem to find anywhere to post this up. since goldfish r pond fish, i post it under the pond forum.

need some help, i have about 15 feeder goldfish in a 55. this morning when i woke up n went n feed my fish, i found white dot on some of my feeder. my problem is, that tank was suppose to be use for my other fish.

as u all can tell/see i was using those feeder to cycle my 55. i was close to almost being done in my cycle too till this morning.

what i did so far was remove all the feeder out of the 55 into a 10. turn up the heater to 80-86F. throw 6tsp of salt in there. let the filter run.

my question is, do i still treat the 55 or just leave it since i took out the feeder already?
will the ick be remove if i do a full water change and wash my rock n air tube?

this is the first time i have seen ick in my tanks, out of 5 yrs of fish keeping.

its so confusing when i read what other do, they used hospital tank to treat their fish. so u use a hospital tank to treat ur fish but what happen to ur other tank(the home)? aint that tank is full of ick floating around in there too?

·
Queen Platy
932 Posts
If your 55 gallon tank IS NOT cycled yet then I would empty it and scrub it down with soap. If IT IS cycled then I wouldnt wanted to recycle it so what I would do is turn up the heat and add salt to that also. Yes the home tank has ich floating round BUT it has no fish host and ich will die due to no fish host (except the ones that remain dormant along the floor). Suction the floor of both the main and quarantine tank. Turn up the temp to 90degrees if possible in both tanks to kill and speed up ich stages. Ich stop reproducing at 86 but die at 90. Let me know if you got any other questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts