Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
Get a male and 2-3 females. that's my tip, because any male will harrass any unwilling females, and if that aggression is spread out among multiple females,they will be less stressed.

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a male and three females. Right now I'm just wondering if i need to isolate them or if i can leave them in the tank with the rest of my fish.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I dont recall if bumblebees are monogamous or polygamous
mon-a pair and poly-hit and run hit and run m or f
anyways you should give youre cichlids an enviorment thats close to their natural habitats cleanwater,and water changes help out alot.things that are a must have for successful breeding are
1.plenty of space
2. regular water changes...the cichlids have a rainy season that you should try to copy.do large water changes each day dropping the temp by 5 degrees.find out more about youre fish.find out if they live in hard or soft water this will help as well(you could find out youre water ph with a test kit that some stores offer DO NOT USE THE STRIPS THEY SUCK! always go with the chemical test they will give you a very good reading )one more thing get rift lake salt mix made for this purpose...some fish are a bit harder to breed.thats why you should try to provide them with the closeest thing you can get to natural.hope this helps

This is just me saying

1 - 5 of 5 Posts