Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im lauren, im new to this page, but i have a blue cray fish who used to be very active always climbing on his rocks and playing in his plant life, now he stays tucked in corners or behind his rock, he wont move for food or anything eles, for the past week i will come home from work and we will still be in the exact spot he was in before i left, iv been sticking a little net in there to make him move so i can make sure hes even alive, and iv had him for about a year now and hes only molted 2 times and they were both within the first 6 months of having him......im very scared for my cray fish and need to figure out whats the matter, if anyone has any information plz respond!!!!!*c/p*

·
On the wild side
4,132 Posts
welcome to the forum, i'm not experienced w/ crayfish but I hope someone here can help.

·
Registered
53 Posts
is it possible that he has molted again or is getting ready to molt again? I've only had mine for a month so I'm no expert however whenever mine acts weird it's because he's getting ready to molt. It could also be a bad molt however I am not sure.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not to experienced with crays but i think like fishnjeeps sounds either close to molting or a bad molt. i dont know but would melafix work? i use every so often to premote regeneration of fins on fish. This may or may not work to help crays...anyone have input on that?

Also WELCOME :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'd be cautious adding chemicals. If I remember correctly, Crays cannot live in water with copper in it. I'm not familiar with Melafix so I don't know if it has copper or not so check it first. I have heard of adding iodine to the water to help molting. This may or may not help Crayfish as Pets! My Electric Blue Boy Random Bits of Projects

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.