Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20g Tank, what are some beautiful fish would u recommend me, and it doesn't matter the price they can be expensive or cheap

thanks

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
What type of tank do you like, planted,cichlid. community tank,species tank... Do you want just one fish or small schools of fish. These are all factors in designing a tank.....

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
OK....... tetra's, danio's or barbs (can be fin nippy) would make 2 small schools of 7 each.
add some DW and some low light plants (I'm assumming you have a standard Flor. light).

Add 4 otto cats and a school of 5 micro cory's and a sanil eating loach not a clown loach they get big (Manitence Crew)

Your tank will look full but will have a nice balance. Not over stocked which means less problems with water quailty.

Now you will get better selection by ordering online. So now you have a guideline go see what you like. I hope you find this helpfull.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK....... tetra's, danio's or barbs (can be fin nippy) would make 2 small schools of 7 each.
add some DW and some low light plants (I'm assumming you have a standard Flor. light).

Add 4 otto cats and a school of 5 micro cory's and a sanil eating loach not a clown loach they get big (Manitence Crew)

Your tank will look full but will have a nice balance. Not over stocked which means less problems with water quailty.

Now you will get better selection by ordering online. So now you have a guideline go see what you like. I hope you find this helpfull.
thanks, thats a response i was looking for also in your opinion whats the best website to buy fish online?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
You could see if the LFS (not chain pet stores) can order the fish you want,

Petsoultions.com
FosterandSmith.com
thepetplace.com

You can try ArizonaAquaitics.com but I order 2 times from them and had nothing but problems, other say they are alright.

Have you cycled this tank yet..... You will need to do that first before stocking the tank.

·
I r haz a fishes
19 Posts
Barbs are lots of fun! I highly recommend getting 4 of each albino, green, and regular Tiger barbs. It'll look like you've got a bunch of different fish when really you only have one. Easy to take care of, will live through anything and fun to watch.

I had that exact set up and it was really great to have. You can throw in some otto's, loaches and plants and stuff too.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
if anybody else have other suggestions i would appreciate it!
I have 90l aquarium with 11 Brachydanio rerio, 3 Pseudorasbora parva and 1 Labeo bicolor, with medium to high filtration and water movement to create a stream like effect. Plants - Vallisneria and Java fern on 3 big rocks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts