Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sir Dingdy Dang
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feed my fish frozen blood worms and my tank is rather long. My problem is that the chunks of frozen worms I drop in float around randomly and drift to the bottom in different places in the tank. This is a problem for several species of fish I have that aren't very good at finding food visually. I have two different species of glass cats that go crazy when food is in the water but they don't seem very good at seeing it and they only stay on one end of the tank. The food has to drift right down in front of them as they swim by before they gobble it up. I need to come up with an idea to keep the frozen pieces of blood worms in one place on the surface until they defrost and start to sink. Anybody else have this problem? I was thinking about some kind of small wire basket that would just kinda hang on the inside of the tank, but don't have a clue about what to use.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Try defrosting the blood worms in a small container of tank water before putting them in the tank. This will allow the worms to sink keeping them in one area.

·
Registered
724 Posts
If you want to make a sort of worm basket, you could take mesh that's wide enough for the blood worms to easily fit through but not so wide that they fall put right away, put the cube in the middle of it, losely tie up the top of the mesh, and attach it to a suction cup. That way you can keep the worms in one place but they're still easy to get to

·
Sir Dingdy Dang
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The mesh, or wire basket was what I was thinking, but didn't really know where to get the materials or something to use/modify for that purpose. I didn't think about defrosting the worms first. That sounds easy enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts