Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went there today and found a tank of royal plecos at about 1inch. I mean they were the smallest royal pleco I saw. When I asked for a price, the ladies there told me they were ashamed at the size of them when they arrived and didn't feel it was right to sell the fish for the price tag of $20.00 Other stores would have sold them no matter what. But another bonus was that they took down my name when they grow a bit more and still sell it for that price.

thank you
john b

·
Registered
324 Posts
they always have the best price on royals... that's where I got mine.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how big is your royal now? the ones they had nice fat bellies. typically you see them all depressed. Might also be because they are wood eaters and the tanks never have wood in them.

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
back at the fish expo, I got a royal pleco from Rodolfo for $20 at about 3 IN. do you think the royals at the Fish net were nice as far as color? are they worth the price (when their big enough to sell)? I'm interested in this! haven't been to the fish net in years!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
their color was very dark almost black with the white pattern and distinctive green eyes. I tried to buy yesterday but they wouldn't budge. The fish had some nice round bellies (not undernourished for sure).

·
Registered
324 Posts
mine was about four inches and plump. that batch was there several months ago

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
green eyes? I thought they had deep red eyes (not albino)...... Mine has red eyes, not green. is it just a phase, or is it a color form?? if you have pics, i'd like to see them......

·
Registered
324 Posts
lucy got in some cool knife fish today. i think they were called a pom-pom knife. she also had a very large jack dempsey.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is the royal pleco and the watermelon pleco (which) I have. The only way I notice the difference is the color pattern and the location of the spines near the gill plates.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts