Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my angle has had this yellow on his face ever since I have had him. I just realized that this isnt normal (or is it). Is it some kind of disease or could he have some koi in him. Here are some pictures:

Here are some other pictures I took today:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
yes, i believe it is natural. i have heard this case many times. If its had it since u got him. its probably just only coming with maturity.

P.S. what is the yellow fish in the background of the second pic?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
ok thanks a friend of mine showed me a pic of those fish and she asked me what they are. I told her they looked like gold barbs in the pic she showed me, but now i can correct myself.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yeah, what you have is a koi angelfish. Usually they will have some of the orange in at the beginning and have more come in later, but what you had happen is very normal.

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
Koi and marble angels are different. yours is a marble, male, which have silver as the background, whereas koi angels are one of the "blushing" types and are somewhat transluscent and have no shinyness to them whatsoever (except maybe pearlscales). I can post a pic soon... Oh, and yes, the color is normal, an that is all he will probably get.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts