Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 10 gallon starter set from aqueon with filter and I have all the stuff I also bought a heater.

I have 2 agazzis corys and 1 male dragon head guppy and 2 female gups.

I have 4 plants and I want to put a under gravel filter. Im not sure how to do it with my fish in the aquarium I also wanted to add some more gravel I think I have 1/2 and inche I realize that isnt good.

I also want to start my other 10 gal into a saltwater with some fish. any final costa and suggestions and fish. thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
1" gravel at least, separate the guppies if you don't want them to breed, they breed like rabbits every month..other then that its all good
for saltwater, a 10gal...not many can stay well in a 10gal, fish that i know would do ok in a 10 gal is gobies, clownfish, and damsel...

·
Registered
12 Posts
depending on what type of plants you have an under gravel filter may not work well, the root systems will get all in there and tangled around and what not. i just use regular filtation in my guppy tank and when i do water changes ( every 10 days or so about 15%) i try to use the hose to pick up most of the debris off the gravel, but in a planted tank you dont want to get rid of all of it because it works as a type of fertilizer so to speek, for the plants. and if you keep them together those three guppies will turn into 100 guppies quick and might be pretty overcrowded in a 10 gallon, good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts