Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all new here looks like a board full of great info.Pretty new to the fish scene.Bought my daughter a 10 gallon a few months back.Started out a little rough but now seems all is good.One issue i was having was getting the water tested,Not sure i was getting the correct info.So i went and bought my own liquid test kit that tests pretty much everything i need in Freshwater.Best 30 bucks i spent lol.My fish are.
Albino cory (2)
Dalmation Mollies (2)
Mickey Mouse (2)
Red eyed tetra (2)
Neon tetra or maybe called Cardinal tetra (4)
Pleco im thinking its a Sailfin Pleco (1)

Now that i have her tank running good and it is close to Tax time im hoping to get me may a 30 or 39 Gallon Fresh tank.I know that is to small for a Oscar or Jack Dempsey.Anybody have any ideas what i might put in it?Like to have something bigger than what my daughter has lol.
Once again thanks for all the great info on this board and for having me:animated_fish_swimm

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Welcome to the site.......Just so you knwo a 55 is to small for a full grown Oscar.... there are chiclids out there that don't grown to big. The other thing is is you look around ayou can find deal for used tanks and systems. I have a body he has a listing here for a 55 with filter light and stand.. for 200 to 300 I can't remember. Look around your get a better deal buying a used tank.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks djrichie.Yes i know 55 is to small i would not even consider an Oscar unless i had atleast a 75 or bigger.I dont even have room for a 55 do good to make room for a 39 lol.And yes i was thinking about Cichlids but dont they get fairly large as well?Thanks once again for the help friend..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts