Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love fish tanks, and I've been doing salt water for years. This fall we had a hurricane in Ohio and lost power for 4 days... During which my tank lost power and the temp in the tank killed my two oldest fish, that were the first two salt water fish I ever bought way back in 95... (yellow tang and a coral beauty angel).

It was a sad day for my kids and I as we buried them in the backyard... Shoot, the fish were older than both my kids... And my wife and I redid houses for years, and moved our tank each time.

I bought a curved front tank when they first came out, and I am still using the same one, it is a 46 bow front. I have power compact lighting, and a full reef setup. I designed a custom "reef rack" that I have been using since 96, to keep my corals and live rock off the ground (wouldn't want one side of it to die...).

Well, this weekend, I was on live aquaria, and they had flame angels on sale. And I've always wanted one, and since the only fish in my tank was a clown fish, I went ahead and got one, and also a lemon peel, and a pacific blue tang.

Last night I went down and tried out the camera my wife got me for Christmas. It took a while to get the settings right. But here is my attempt at fish tank photography.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome to the forum.Sorry to hear about your loss.That is a beautiful setup you have there congrats:)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site! Gorgeous fish and tank!

Reactions: Joey

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there-
I am new to this forum and new to the saltwater community. I am just getting my tank up and going and am looking to buy live rock. Should I look on Craig's List? Any suggestions are welcome!
Thanks so much,
Amanda

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hello Amanda,Start a new topic in the Saltwater section.That way you will probably get more views and more help.I dont do much Salt so im not much help.And welcome to the forum:)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
o and i hope im not going off topic but a pacific blue tang needs at least a 75 gallon once it reaches full size. and welcome to the site, 2flippers! like marty said, put your question on another thread.

Reactions: Joey

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Lovely pictures! Welcome and hope you enjoy the forum.

Rose

1 - 12 of 12 Posts