Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How to get albino corries to spawn?

They are the ones that bottom feed, not suck on the glass. They've only spawned once, and I unknowking killed the eggs trying to transfer them. Coincidentally, I have exactly two males and one female. I read that you really should have 4 or 5, so I'll get more the next time I go to petsmart.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I don't see my corries spawning yet, but my male lyre-tail mollie is now pecking at the prego dalmatian mollie I have, I guess it makes him horny.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They finally spawned when I ran out of water conditioner and had to wait a week or 2 to get more. The trick is to drain 1/4 to 1/3 of your tank (or let it evaporate) for a few days.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Actually its the water temp that plays a role not the depth of the water. Mine spawn up to three times a week if I keep topping off the sump with 77 degree water. Ive had them start their run when the water level was down but only due to PWC, I think them buggers knew what was coming next. Mine are filthy spawners, im not sure about anyone elses but mine leave eggs where ever they want to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts