Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 29g biocube with a lot of coral and rock work, and id really hate to have to take it all apart to catch my fish... how can i catch my mandarin goby to put into another tank?

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
trap?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sure.. dont have one and i dont really know how to bait it either..

·
Marine Aquarium Expert/Saltwater Section Mgr.
355 Posts
this is a DIY i use take a 20 oz soda bottle cut the top off reinsert the top in the bottle up side down and put food that the goby eats in it and leave it were he hangs out overnight

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just made one

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well its been a few hours, and the lights just went out and he hasnt entered the trap.. he went close to it but just backed away.. should i leave it in longer or try another way?..
thanks

·
Reefer, Plants and Ponds
270 Posts
I'd leave it in there. The longer the better for him to lose his fear of something new. Good luck.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i left the trap in there for 4 days now and nothing happened.. luckily just before i left i saw him at the top wedged in by my uv sterilized and i snagged him. YAY.!!! thanks for all your help.. but my wrasse kept getting into the trap and finding a way back out. HMM smart guy i guess...
thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Cool trap, good luck with that. I use "The Trap" sometimes when needed.
I just borrowed this trap from Mediahound. It is AWSOME! I caught my 3 pesky green damsels and a mean blue fin pygmy angel. Didn't take long. Just need a little patience. I threw all their favorite foods in there and they could not resist.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Tough issue to deal with, glad you got it resolved so easily. I unfortunately havent had that kinda luck. Probably has a lot to do with why I have mainly corals and few fish if any in many of my tanks. The fish are cool and very colorful but Corals are just as colorful and less headaches aside from being my true additction. Corals are easier to "catch" too!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Are you ready.......... I'll tell you all my sure fire secret to catching all the fish in your tank.

After your tank lights go off. Turn them on after about 4 hours. All your fish will be asleep and they will stay asleep even after you turn the lights back on. You can even hand catch them, its like taking candy from a baby. Probably easier.

When I was breaking down my 180 a few years back I used this method and caught over 30 fish in under half an hour.

You're welcome! ;]

·
Registered
26 Posts
According to me, the best way to catch mandarin goby fish is that provide the favorite food to fish, so fish can comes on the top and you can catch that fish with help of net quickly. You can also use the large container to catch the fish.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts