Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working with a 75 gallon tank and an Epheim canister filter. Just put some danios in for the first time and they seem to be doing alright. How do I know what the right amount of water movement is? I had the output flow grazing the surface but it was making too much noise so I lowered it under the surface. They like to swim through but but how do I know if it's too much?

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
The ehiem canister is a great filter and not too much for your 75. I would direct the flow toward the front center so it will hit the glass well below the surface and then swirl both directions. If its not blowing the fish against the glass its not too much. :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response. It's not pushing them against the tank at all. They just look a little spastic swimming through it. =)

·
Registered
153 Posts
My minnoes and Glo Fish do that too. I don't think its too much because they don't seem to be afraid of it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Lemon Tetras gather together and then dive bomb the bubble wall in the back for a little while... then they stop. Looks like a bombing formation. LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts