Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 12g aqua-pod. And want to know how much live rock id need,
I live in SC. And live rock down here is usually $7 per pound. And right now only have $60. And didnt know if 8 lbs would be enough. Or if i could just go ahead but the 8lbs and in 2 weeks add a few more lbs, i might go out and get it 2day but idk, so please respond ASAP

·
Registered
943 Posts
I would buy about 6-7lbs or dry rock and then put in the LR on top as it will seed the dry base rock. You can keep adding LR but dont add any fish or corals untill you have all your LR in and the tank has fully cycled, you should have about 15lbs of rock for a 12 gallon

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh, ok, yea, you said you think i should buy dry rock, the store were we get SW stuff at only sells wet live rock, so do i need dry rock or could i just put live rock in my tank let it cycle some then in 2 weeks buy some more and let it fully cycle. btw, i already have live sand, its Ocean Direct Caribbean Live Sand

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, thnx. You answered all my questions. You have a lot of SW knowledge. :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yep, you cant really see it, but b/c these were in tanks with fish they already have some purple on them, yea ill probably buy 5 more lbs soon, thnx for the advice

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you look at my gallery you should be able to see it if you click on it, a full size image

1 - 11 of 11 Posts