Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a lightly planted 120gal tank with a 55 gallon sump. it currently has 4 fancy goldfish and im going to add 35+ white cloud minnows, but i dont know how many i can add at a time. the tank has been running for 3 months and the last 3 goldfish were added 2 weeks ago. the minnows will be qt when i get them so i dont mind having to add only a handful at a time.

Registered
i have a lightly planted 120gal tank with a 55 gallon sump. it currently has 4 fancy goldfish and im going to add 35+ white cloud minnows, but i dont know how many i can add at a time. the tank has been running for 3 months and the last 3 goldfish were added 2 weeks ago. the minnows will be qt when i get them so i dont mind having to add only a handful at a time.
Hi!馃槂 The Fish Lady here!
You sound like you're doing a great job, my fish buddy, you know what's best for your ongoing tank.
The only suggestion that I'd give you is watch for ammonia spikes with your Goldfish for they are notorious about ammonia; okay?
Wow!馃槂 have fun!馃槂 it's really exciting; isn't it??

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi!馃槂 The Fish Lady here!
You sound like you're doing a great job, my fish buddy, you know what's best for your ongoing tank.
The only suggestion that I'd give you is watch for ammonia spikes with your Goldfish for they are notorious about ammonia; okay?
Wow!馃槂 have fun!馃槂 it's really exciting; isn't it??
i will be watching for ammonia when i add the new fish, does your comment mean its fine to add them all at once or only 5-6 at a time?

Registered
i will be watching for ammonia when i add the new fish, does your comment mean its fine to add them all at once or only 5-6 at a time?
Hi! Yeah, hon, that's fine.馃槂
You'll do just fine because you care!
Be blessed and let us know how it goes; okay? I always get nervous when I add new babies too because to be honest with you, you don't really know what your new babies are in health wise. We actually order a lot of our babes through private breeders because you just don't really know what you're getting from the pet stores; you know?馃槂

1 - 6 of 6 Posts