Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Queen Platy
932 Posts
Some of us just do fully planted because its beneficial to the tank. It removes toxins and prevents nitogen spikes. I also have a tank that doesnt have plants. And I'm sure theres others here that dont only keep planted :p

Reactions: Taryn

·
Terrorizor
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. And oh I was not dissing on Fully Planted tanks at all, How could I when I am constantly Practicing to achieve one for my self. What I meant is I wanted to find a Form that excepts diversity. I'm on the Planted Tank Form and I do love the website but they do shun and even insult those who use decors in their tanks which I believe isn't fair.

I had just got my 55 Iv been waiting to get for a year. I wanted to make it fully Planted with no Decors at all but the larger fish that I transferred from my 29 to the 55 were very unhappy in a bare tank. So I put the Decors in their and realized not only do my fish like them but so do I.

Anyways I do mix decors with live plants only with the recent transfer I lost all my plants but my lily due to a faulty gorilla shelf that could not hold even my 29 half full, so I had to use 2 by 4s inorder to make my shelving unit work. It now holds my 55 in the middle, my 29 at the top that is a terrarium, and on the bottom my 20Long for my Newts and minnows.

I really want to make my 55 as lush and Planted as possible but I will be moving to Arizona next June and seeing how my other plants didn't make a simple tank to tank transfer I willy be making it half Planted.

If anyone has Ideas how i can keep my plants that i will have later from dying while driving from Colorado to Arizona (6- 10hr) please let me know.

I think if things do work out, I pray they do, and we get our first house I will get another 55.

I currently have a 29gallon terrarium, 55gallon, 20long cold water, 20Long, 5 gallon, and another 20Long all in a 1 bed room apt. *r2

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Welcome to the fourm. Nice to have you here with us. Have fun posting on the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts