Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!!! My name is Chez, My husband, girls and I own a 10 gallon tank with a substrate filter. We've just recently added live plants. In our tank are 3 Guppies, 2 Flame Tiped Tetras (I believe that's what they're called *question), 2 Glass Cats, 1 Green Corey Cat, 1 Albino Corey Cat & 1 Black Molly (we had 2 but one died *sad).
If anybody wants more info or whatever, let me know!!

CheZ

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Welcome to the forum...you seem to be tight on how many fish you got in there

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site! Josh is right-you are slightly overstocked, but another filter or lots of live plants could balance it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks!

Thanks 2 both of y'all!! I now feel welcome!!!! Hey, does anyone know about fishy health?
We've been having continuous problem with our Black Molly. We've just about everything that we can think of and nothing seems to work. Our other one died from it... Whatever "it" is.
We know that it's not ick or dropsy or velvet, and we think that it's not fugal either. We're lost *n1!!!!!
Here's his symptoms:
1) White rash
2) Rests on the bottom or the rock alot
3) Sporadic/Irregular movement
4) Swims tipped, with tail down
5) Still eats
6) Fins are tattered (possible because of the Coreys)
That's all I can think of at the moment. If/when I think of anything else, I'll post it Kay?
Thank y'all so much for taking the time to read all this.

CheZ

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
*welcome w-smiles

Is the white rash like grains of salt? If so its ich, which black mollies catch real easy as they stress a lot in small tanks. With what you have in there I would set up another 10 and put the molly in it.

What is the temp of the water? Do you have a heater? Try slowly raising the temp to about 84 for a few days and see if that helps.

·
discus_dude
215 Posts
hello and welcome to our forum..smaller tank needs more careful maintainance.you overstock your fish that's why you lost your fish,and also try not to overfeed them.. use a good filter...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to everyone who read and responded to my problem with my molly. I'm sorry to say that he died yesterday*sad. If you would be kind enough to still post about what could have been the problem.. It's still bugging me.
Also, no, the rash wasn't salty. We looked up ALOT of stuff on the net and also in books. We talked to the cool guy at Petsmart (he's been doing the fishy thing for, like, ten years or so), our parents, grandparents... You name it, we most likely tried it or looked it up etc.
NOBODY seems to know what the heck was happening to him. Although on the bright side, I think my daughters are taking it better than I am*rotating smile!!! LOL He was my 2 year olds fish. She was just happy that he was spinning in the potty. LOL LOL *r2
Again, thanks to all!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts