Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little about myself. I am happily married and have 3kids. (13yr old and 8yr old twins). We currently have a dog, a guinea pig, and 3 aquariums.

Our aquarium adventures began w/ the twins each clammoring for a pet of their own. One wanted a kitten, the other a snake. They each got a 2.5gal aquarium. What followed was a combination of bad advice, and lack of research. For example a lone med. size bala shark in a 2.5gal tank, and a 10gal used tank that cost more to outfit than a new one would have. We are finally on the right track and everyone seems to be healthy and happy.

We have:
2.5gal w/ a male dalmation molly (oreo), and a guppy (yuppy)

2.5gal w/ a glofish (glo-b-one), a glassfish (x-ray), and 3 molly fry (larry, moe, and curly) who are 2mnths old

10gal w/ 2 med. size bala sharks (mike and spike), 3 sm. bala sharks (ike, pike, and sike), 1 polytyrus endlicheri (gladiator)

a savings accout for a 100+gal tank for the 10gal gang

plans for a saltwater tank, and an aggressive tank in the future

I look forward to meeting everyone and learning all I can about this new hobby/obsession:)

Nicole

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot the feeder fish I buy weekly for Gladiator. (my daughter is reading over my shoulder and said I had to mention them) When the kids wanted to name them I was worried that they would get attached. I named the first batch dinner, snack, etc... Now it has gotten to be a game. The last batch was tex-mex themed. Taco, taquito, etc.. This weeks theme is italian food. Yum*pc

·
Registered
278 Posts
*w2

Glad to have you here with us. Hopefully you will find your time here enjoyable and well spent.

Your going to have to get that SW tank going "Muy el pronto". Im a SW junkie and I need some more company here. Have you had SW tank before? What kinda SW tank were you planning, FO, FOWLR, Reef Tank, Nano or "not-so Nano"?

Again, welcome to the forum board, hope to see some interesting post from you soon!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish I could start now, but the sharks and gladiator really need a bigger tank, so that will have to come first. As far as what kind, I don't know yet. I don't even know what all the different kinds are. I need to learn a lot more about it. Thanks for the welcome.

*w2

Glad to have you here with us. Hopefully you will find your time here enjoyable and well spent.

Your going to have to get that SW tank going "Muy el pronto". Im a SW junkie and I need some more company here. Have you had SW tank before? What kinda SW tank were you planning, FO, FOWLR, Reef Tank, Nano or "not-so Nano"?

Again, welcome to the forum board, hope to see some interesting post from you soon!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site! when u move up the bala sharks and gladiator, i would suggest u put the glofish in there and add 5 more glofish, as they are shoaling fish.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Thanks for joining us. You sound like you will be a real source of good information as your travel down the road of the hobby progresses. You have a lot of projects planned and I agree with the comments made by the others and cannot really add anything myself.

I want to welcome you and your kids as they will be perfectly safe here. We work hard to keep it kid friendly and have many young members. They are respected here and we do our best to make it a safe environment for them to learn about their fish.

Rose

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
*w2 to the forum. As Rose said this is a very kid friendly site and we try to keep it that way so the kids are more than welcome to post and ask questions.

Sounds like you have been doing a lot of research and is heading in the right direction.

Good luck in all your ventures and sounds like you will end up like the rest of us with mts.

V

·
0 Posts
Hey! Sounds like you got some pretty interesting fish! Please post up some pictures of them when you get the chance :)

And if you have any questions don't be afraid to fire away!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the great welcome everyone! I will post pictures as soon as we locate the camera (it seems someine "borrowed" it and forgot t put it up)

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice to have you here with us.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts