Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from indiana, aquariums is a hobby that i'm kinda on/off of over the years. recently in progress of setting up my 55 gal again after being empty for last 2 years. figured i'd join a forum to have peeps to discuss aquariums with cause no one i know in my area is interested in them.

my tank is nothing special, FW with some slate rocks i found, gravel bed and several silk plants along with a few bulbs i just planted to get some real ones in there. no fish yet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
going to put a betta in it. i know 55 is a bit excessive for a betta but i dont see point in buying a smaller tank just for it, i've had other variety of fish before and at this point in time, i'm just more interested in the aesthetics of a nice looking tank setup than i am in variety of fish. i'm sure a betta would love such a large enviro to play in all to itself.

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
*w2 Hi there fellow Hoosier, glad you noted that in your post, it seems you left it out of your profile so it doesnt show up on the side of the post. Anywho, glad youre here, and we will chat about Indiana sometime :)

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Welcome to the site. Bettas are my specialty and I love every one I see. My home could swell with tanks if I had the room but I think your idea of one in a 55 gallon is wonderful. He will be a happy little fish that much I know!

Congratulations on coming to ask the questions first! That is half the battle.

We are so happy you are here and hope you enjoy it here.

Thanks for joining.

Rose
:betta:

Reactions: JIM

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i suppose i should clarify my screen name, on another forum recently someone asked me if that was my phone number and it dawned on me that i used 7 numbers and never thought of it like that. However those are just random numbers but i suppose it may belong to someone's phone out there...so dont call it. lol

too late to change it now i guess, but the numbers are from a time a while back when i had aol and i got frustrated at finding a name that wasnt used so i got mad and typed numbers on the keyboard and it accepted it, i remembered it after a while and just stuck with it.though if its possible to change it, i should probably do so

1 - 9 of 9 Posts