Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my name is Andy and i have 3 tanks.

one is a 1 gallon with no fish in it because its my quarentine tank

another is my eclipse aquarium 6 by marienland and it has lots of plants with 1 male betta who is very friendly and soon i will be adding 1 ablino cory cat and 2 otocinclus. I know they prefer being in groups of three the cory cats and otos but i know they will be happy even without.

My final and biggest tank is my 55 gallon.
Its list of fish is:

1 golden dojo loach
1 pleco
1 female betta
1 flame dwarf gourami
4 Zebra Danio
6 black skirt tetra
4 Platy
and 1 molly

soon i willl also add 3 glofish to make a total of 7 zebra danio although 3 will be genetically enhanced.

So do my tanks sound alright to you? *w3

·
Registered
724 Posts
Welcome to the forum Andy! Your tanks sound great. I'm a fan of corys and have been breeding Panda Corys for about year now and would recommend these great little guys to anyone with a little extra space in their freshwater tank. Maybe get some for your 55g??

·
Goodwill Ambassador
377 Posts
Welcome,
Sounds like you have very nice tanks. I have an Eclipse 12 and since you have it heavily planted, the 6 can handle more than the two Oto's and one cory. If you are worried about the bio-load on your system, why not get 3 or 4 pygmy cory's and another Oto?
They will be happy and do an awsome clean up job.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the sites! Be sure to post pics!

I agree with FishFinder.

Reactions: OP_tiMus-pRiME

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
:krapel:Welcome Andy, it is ALWAYS great to meet and greet a new member. your tanks sound great !! to me, keep the stocking low, and you should have very few problems, but if you do, your new found family here will get you back on track in no time. Again thank you for choosing us as your place for meeting new friends, and sharing your hobby.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
one day i want a cichlid tank! Whats it like?

Oh and i would put some cories in my 55 gallon but my golden dojo loach is already a scavenger so i just feel i would be taking some of his food away ya know?

Thanks for the advice on what to add to my betta tank. I think i go with 2 otos and maybe 3 cory cat...2 peppered and 1 albino OR all three albino since i love albino and my tank is black and white themed. :)

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
cichlid tanks are amazing....IMO they have the greatest colors in FW, when i took down my cichlid tank i made sure to sell most of them to my friend so i could come see them all the time.
cant wait to see some pics of your tanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah ill post some pics once my moms computer is hooked up again...my sisters which is what im using right now dosnt except my camera. Sadly my photoes suck but it still give you an idea of what my tanks look like. The 6 gallonbetta tank has a GREAT pic but the betta is always hiding so you might not be able to see it unless i point him out to you. haha. So do you have any advice on FW cichlid tanks? if i got one i think i would LOVE to have some electric yellow and electric blue cichlids...would those work together? And would tehy also work with the blood red parott Cichlid? i also love that one.

·
Registered
285 Posts
hi my name is Andy and i have 3 tanks.

one is a 1 gallon with no fish in it because its my quarentine tank

another is my eclipse aquarium 6 by marienland and it has lots of plants with 1 male betta who is very friendly and soon i will be adding 1 ablino cory cat and 2 otocinclus. I know they prefer being in groups of three the cory cats and otos but i know they will be happy even without.

My final and biggest tank is my 55 gallon.
Its list of fish is:

1 golden dojo loach
1 pleco
1 female betta
1 flame dwarf gourami
4 Zebra Danio
6 black skirt tetra
4 Platy
and 1 molly

soon i willl also add 3 glofish to make a total of 7 zebra danio although 3 will be genetically enhanced.

So do my tanks sound alright to you? *w3
So since you have a one gallon tank, are you thinking of putting one fish in there? I usually have an extra 10 gallon fully cycled tank so then I can put one fish in there that is either sick, severely injured, or close to dying. Then I can do a treatment right away on it using a home made remedy I found out. Although I usually stick to medicine made from companies who have better experience.

And if you do plan on putting a fish in your 1 gallon tank and buy a 10 gallon tank for the hospital tank instead, I would recommend a Male Betta Fish :) I love those kinds of fishes, and they are very, very beautiful to keep. I can guarantee that! Chickadee is the greatest person you will ever find who will know a lot more about Betta's than I do :)

Also, Bettas are wonderful to keep by themselves in one 1 gallon tank. They don't grow so big that they can't stay in a 1 gallon tank anymore, because I've got some in Large Flower Vases, and Fish Bowls Small, medium, and/or large :)

I hope you change your mind and get a Male Betta, and get a 10 gallon tank too :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the one gallon is for adding fish...i put the newly bought fish in there for a wekk to make sure it wont get my other fish sick with ich or something and then i put them in the 55 or 6 gallon tank.

And i HATE having any fish in a 1 gallon for more than a 2 week period...i used to keep my recent male betta in there and thats why i bought the 6 gallon...i felt bad for him. He always looked sad. Now he can swim and he always looks a lot better.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Sorry to disagree with you all but even a betta likes more room than one gallon and I am so happy to hear that you will not be putting a betta in one gallon.

I want to welcome you and thank you for joining us. Sounds like you have some great ideas for tanks and can find for yourself what you want to add to them but we will be glad to answer questions as you have them. The final decision will have to be yours so the tanks will be made up of fish you really want. But it does sound like you really have a good idea of what you want already.

Anyway, welcome and hope you find your way to the Betta section to visit.

We do look forward to the pictures in your gallery too. We all love pictures.

Rose

·
New Member Manager
689 Posts
you could deffently put some cories in your 55 gallon tank swiftless fire. You could buy sinking food tablets that are specially made for bottom feeders. You can pick them up at almost any LFS. This ensures that your dojo loach and your cories will always have enough food. :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sorry to disagree with you all but even a betta likes more room than one gallon and I am so happy to hear that you will not be putting a betta in one gallon.

I want to welcome you and thank you for joining us. Sounds like you have some great ideas for tanks and can find for yourself what you want to add to them but we will be glad to answer questions as you have them. The final decision will have to be yours so the tanks will be made up of fish you really want. But it does sound like you really have a good idea of what you want already.

Anyway, welcome and hope you find your way to the Betta section to visit.

We do look forward to the pictures in your gallery too. We all love pictures.

Rose
Really? I can't be putting a betta in a 1 gallon tank? Wow but the pet store that I go to has bettas in 1 gallon tanks. Although I don't know if that is just for temporary housing until someone buys them..

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
about cichlids...im not sure if electric yellows and electric blues are compatible or not, but what i DO know is that there is a type of cichlid in which males are bright golden-yellow and the females are cobalt blue. its called a kenyi. that might be something of interest if u set-up a cichlid tank.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice to have you here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts