Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I cant seem to find your new members forum, so i opened a thread here.( mods please move thread if necessary)

Ive been in reefkeeping for a long time now, i have a shop and online shop in South Africa, we specialize in marines

i'm busy setting up myself a new 2meter closed loop reef system running on:

the new Reefoctopus bubble blaster skimmer
profilux ghl
x3 250w mh
x4 39w actinic t5's
x4 dimmable ballast for the simulation of sunset,cloudy days ect
closed loop consist of x4 8000l/h pumps and two 16800l/h return pumps

I'm using tropic marine pro reef salt

dont know if you guys like pictures?:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks allot

i'm thinking of 10'k or 14'k on the 250w mh, but i want optimal growth so i think ill go for 10'k

t5's - ill be going actinic

Is there a image uploader on this forum?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site!
Yes there is an image uploader and and even a tutorial video showing how to upload pics.

Reactions: JIM

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Hello, I want to welcome you. I have some friends in South Africa who have kept fish for many years too.

I do hope that you feel welcome here and can find friends here and we do look forward to hearing about the fish and fishkeeping in your location. We also like pictures.

Thank you for joining.
Rose

Reactions: JIM

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the warm welcome guys

where can i find the image up loader?

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
At the top of your page you will see an item called Photo Gallery, next to Chatroom, click it :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi Lanzo,

Welcome, very glad to have you here. Can you tell us about reefkeeping in South Africa? As a shop owner you have access to lots of resources but what is it like for the average aquarist? Are there many LFS's ?

Regards,
Marlene

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reefkeeping in S.A is starting to boom, more and more guys are getting hooked.

I'm based in Pretoria, a few years back here was only one shop keeping marines...and they didnt even know what the hell they were doing.(this just pisses me off)

They sold allot of systems...but they sold a marine tank with a caniter filter or a sump with bio ballas and ceramic rings( this caused a big build up of nitrates in everybody's systems and caused their corals to die...thus keeping the clients coming back to them to keep on uying corals that will die in a few months or weeks)

I got so mad...i decided to open a marine only shop....giving the guys the best advice and so on....now we are 4 shops in Pretoria( some still selling wrong filters and giving bad advice)

In Johannesburg we have almost 20 shops that keep some marines, in the whole S.A we are 4 specializing in marines.( that keep stock with the best filtration and lights that we get in S.A)

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice to have you here with us.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts