Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I am robert from Jacksonville FL. I am a member of another site and got an email invite so I am checking it out and seeing what you all are all about. Well I have been in reefkeeping for about a little over a year now. I have a 55 with 2 wet drys that I gutted hooked together and turned into a sump/fuge. However I am getting ready to tear this tank down to set up my reef ready 180 and use the 55 as my sump. I will post pics of my tank soon.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Great that you came to see what it is about. It is the most polite and friendly forum I have been on and I have been to a few. There are a lot of diverse interests represented here and some really nice people on our memberlist. I think you will enjoy it here as much I have. Thank you for joining us.

Welcome and please make yourself at home.

Rose

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
*w2 to the forum were glad you goined us. Cant wait to see yoru set up. What kind of reef do you have LPS? SPS? I am settign up a tank right now with a 55gal sump, you wouldnt happen to have any ideas on designs yet would you?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have made many sumps I do have a few ideas the best way to go though is keep it simple. I find the more complex something is the less likely it will work correctly. I also have a mixed reef sps to Zoa I have 2 X 250 mh on my 55 that will be going over to the 180. Also for anybody in the north east florida area. I will be holding a frag swap about the end of next month. Free food and a good time for all who come.

·
Registered
278 Posts
*w2

Welcome to the froum Robert. Sounds like an interesting project you have got planned. Please be sure to start a tank diary and walk us through this project. It should make for an exceptional read!!!:)

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
welcome to the site and be sure to post pics...

·
Registered
724 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Can't wait to see your 180g build. Sounds great already

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well here are some pics of my 55. I will start a build thread shortly on my 180 as soon as I get some pics
sump

return line

sun coral

condy nem

tourch

reefer in the making

big joe

fts

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
*w2 To the site, good to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your stay. We are just folks here who enjoy our hobby and like to share knowledge, and take care of fish. So just settle in and have a good time.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am on the west side of Jacksonville FL. Basically I-295 and I-10. As for a stocklist I have a bubble coral, a sun coral, a tourch coral, a maze brain (that used to be the size of a soft ball but lost about 70% trying to find a spot he was happy) now he is doing good. Got a bunch of zoa's and a few different acro's a lobo that a got as a brown out but is coloring up pretty good. A green trumpet a colored tube nem, a 5 headed duncun, and a aussie stollimia (not sure how you spell it) and a mathrix clam. I am sure I am missing something. As for fish I have a false perc clown 1 went carpet diving, a diamond goby, a mandren, a red scooter blenny, a orange fish (dont remember what he is), a blue devil fish aka damsil, and a korrian angel. think that about it. other than some blue leg hermits, sally light foot crab, emraild crab, and a pom pom crab I see from time to time. Oh yes las tbut not least some snails and a flame scallop, and a few limpet and feather dusters that came on my rocks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts