Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was asked to post an introduction so I wrote up a description of my tank setup, livestock, and a few other things. Just as I was finishing up my 6 y.o. son asked me for some help with a game. When I returned and clicked on Submit Post I was informed I was not logged in (I had actually been automatically logged out) and when I tried to log in was told my password was wrong (although I use Roboform and it successfully logged me in the first time). It turns out the login page also has a login box off to the side. The password does not work if you use the login in the center of the page, but works when used in the login box off to the side. After logging back in everything I had written was gone. So, hello from an unhappy Connecticut member.

·
*blackback butterflyfish*
208 Posts
I was asked to post an introduction so I wrote up a description of my tank setup, livestock, and a few other things. Just as I was finishing up my 6 y.o. son asked me for some help with a game. When I returned and clicked on Submit Post I was informed I was not logged in (I had actually been automatically logged out) and when I tried to log in was told my password was wrong (although I use Roboform and it successfully logged me in the first time). It turns out the login page also has a login box off to the side. The password does not work if you use the login in the center of the page, but works when used in the login box off to the side. After logging back in everything I had written was gone. So, hello from an unhappy Connecticut member.
I also live in connecticut, can't wait for fall!! Not winter, eww. Anyway, yes this system does auto log off, to save banwith... i think. next time, post and then walk away :) or another idea, copy the post, so it's sitting waiting for you to paste it. So sorry, don't leave us, a great community of friendly people!

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
I will add my appologies, to the ones above, and confirm that the system does have a situation that logs off inactive users after a period of time, I know typing a long intro and then losing it is a pain, but i will speak with Jarred about maybe extending that log off timer to allow for situations such as yours. Again, im sorry, but *w2 to the forum, and i hope you will have a long and productive stay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do not plan on leaving, I have gained a lot of information here. I usually always copy text I type into forums, comment fields, feedback fields, etc., before I preview or submit the text because of too many times in the past losing everything. That way if for some reason the text is lost I can just paste it back in. Doesn't it figure the one time I forget to do that is after I type several paragraphs of text.

I also believe if I had logged back on using the main part of the login screen vs. the side box the post may have gone through. Unfortunately, there is a problem with the login after a member has been auto-logged out.

But, grief aside, I am happy to be a member and glad to meet all of you.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi and a big WELCOME!!! I'm sorry that happened to you, it's happened to me too....altho not here (yet). LOL!!! But anyway, welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I do. Altho, I joined about 3 days ago and met some good ppl on the first day. Anyway, again WELCOME!!!*Glasses*

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Sorry you had so much trouble, we really are a friendly and happy forum and like to have happy members. Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining us.

Rose
:)

Reactions: petlover516

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site!

it happens to me too, even if im still typing this long post.

·
Registered
250 Posts
:welcome: aboard! Pleasure to have you here!

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. It is nice to have you here with us.

·
michaelgerhart
11 Posts
I havn't been a member long, I also had to do some figuring to get logged in and set up. I went at it a couple of times a couple of days. Glad we both made it.
mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts