Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
**Highly Valued Contributer**
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we had an invite to join your forum.

A couple of us put a few of our collecting trips around the net to share what we do and get our very old club noticed as we were very slow to take on the internet.

The club was first formed in 1926 and the collecting trips became popular straight away.

This is from old club records as to the origins of us,i am not that old,though after a hectic collecting trip in deepish water i than feel that old.

I hope you enjoy what i put on the forum!

·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
We only set up a forum just before xmas and the website a year ago so there isn't much content yet.

The pictures of the trips only started being taken in mid 2007,there were a lot of anti internet people in the club so it was an up hill battle to get some thing happening with the internet.

The infighting went on for 5 years about it and there was to be no club money used to get a website,so out of desperation to expand our club being noticed a couple of us sat down and figured out how to make a website and forum and start to get some pics of what is really quite unique and start putting us every where.

One of our best trips yet is in the members section but will be in the following section soon.

Click on the collecting trips over veiw,it has quite a bit from the last two years in it.

The club has been doing this since 1926 and in the sixties and seventies it was huge and except for a few club newsletter pages you would never know their trips had happened,what a waste!

One of our oldest members has tried very hard to condem the waste of time at using the interent.

Amazing!!!!

forum
Snorkeling,boating,diving,aquarium species collecting and local sea life.

website
South East Queensland Aquarium Society

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for that!
Glad to share our hobby and sport!

Reactions: petlover516

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Thank you for joining and sharing information. As I have said before on this forum, I have a special fondness for all things Australian for all the kindness shown to my father when he was there during the War. He has spoken of the wonderful kindness and beauty of the country and its people and I hope to return some of the kindness.

I hope you enjoy this forum and find some friends here.

Rose
:betta:

·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for joining and sharing information. As I have said before on this forum, I have a special fondness for all things Australian for all the kindness shown to my father when he was there during the War. He has spoken of the wonderful kindness and beauty of the country and its people and I hope to return some of the kindness.

I hope you enjoy this forum and find some friends here.

Rose
:betta:
Thak you,very nice of you to say that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts