Aquarium Forum banner

Hi everyone!

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  APoirier594 
#1 ·
I was googling to find a nice place where I could post some of my aquarium questions and here is where I landed.
Firstly, please dont look at my spelling mistakes and language as English is not my best language ;-)

about 4 years ago we bought our son a second hand fishtank for his birthday. (60/30/40) bought some plants, guppies and we were gone...over the years we added some neon and also neons with an orange line (have to look up their real name ;-) and two corydoras which keep on having eggs but they dont seem to hatch ;-(
Anyway,
now, we would like to upgrade to a slightly larger tank as this one is hard to keep clean and I like my fish happy. I've been looking around and prices are really too high and so I returned to the second hand market and ebay.
Thats where I found this one. Its a sunsun one. I cannot post any links yet so i'm giving the item number (ebay uk Item number: 370154095325 )
As we travel quiet often to the uk it would be no problem to pick it up. I like the shape and color and price but not sure about the quality as I havent found much info online. Am I better of buying a second hand quality one?
I've emailed a few people who bought it lately (I've checked the feedback) and they all seem happy even with the filter in the hood)
The other thing I'm worried about is the height of the aquarium. I've heard and read that its better to have a wider one than a deep one. Is that true? If so, is this one called deep? What will there be on th top half? Wil plants grow so high?
Its along intro and maybe I should have posted my questions elsewhere but I'm not sure where...
Anyway, thanks for any advise or help!!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.