Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hello and welcome here.We need a liitle info before we can tell you what might be good to house..
Size of tank
Filtration
Substrate
Give us a little info we will help you get on the right path:)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
welcome to the site!
do what marty said and I'll gladly help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the tank size is 35 litres,
the filter is called an elite stingray 15,
we also got some stuff that gos in the water, which is a tap water conditioner and cycle that reduces fish loss ?? i have no idea lol
we have got the tank set up with the water in but we have no idea where to go from there.
we really apresiate the help
thank you
amy and jonathan

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well first thing you need to do is buy a good test kit,API makes a master test kit,which is what i use for around 25$ i believe.
You will want to keep an eye on the water parameters for a few weeks.ammonia will rise and then start to fall.once it starts falling Nitrites will rise then it will start to fall also.Then Nitrates will start to rise.Now to get the nitrates to fall you will need to start water changes.35 liters which is a 10 gallon tank i believe so i would do 3 gallon changes every other day till you get the nitrate to about 5.0.It is hard to get it to 0 lol.
Once you have 0 Ammonia and 0 Nitrites and Nitrates around 5.0 then your tank will be cycled and you can add what fish you like.Now you need to determine what fish you will want and then we can let you know if that tank will work or not..
Remember cycling a tank can take several weeks.Keep us posted..

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Welcome to the site... I'm assuming you have a filter and gravel and all the little nuts and bolts of the hobby.... but the test kit is a very good purchase. Also, you are going to need to cycle the tank and that will take 8 to 10 weeks... you can research fishless cycling and cycling a fish tank.... you need to understand that before putting a high dollar fish in the tank.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
u said u got "cycle", correct? if u did that means once u start adding it iit should make the cycle process quicker. once it has cycled, start out with some type of hardy fish research it and see what u like that is hardy. o and did u say u have a heater?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts