Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm new to this forum, but not new to aquariums. I've had freshwater aquariums for the past 10 years, and I'm a graduate student studying genetics and cellular biology :eek:

I don't really know what else to say! Right now all I have is a 29 gal aquarium, though I want to set up my old 20 gal aquarium with some fantail goldfish, and I'd also like to get a Betta (no, I'm not crazy/stupid enough to put it in with my other fish!). I want to get a larger tank, but I don't have the money due to being a poor college student who has to live off student loans.

As far as fish go, all I have right now are several corys, one "GloFish", five neon tetras, a "Yoyo" Botia, and four other tetras (I forgot what they are called - two have an orange stripe and two have a whitish-green stripe). I love my corys because they are so much fun to watch, and I think they are pretty darn cute! I also like the "GloFish" because they are the first genetically modified animal available in the pet trade business (I know, I'm a nerd). I also want to get a panda cory, because I think that's the only type of cory I'm still missing, but I can't seem to find them where I live. I used to have a lot of fancy guppies, but I was in a car accident in March and was unable to get out of bed for three months due to having four broken vertebrae in my neck, and my dad managed to kill off the majority of my fish and plants :(

Okay, I'm going to stop boring you guys now! :p

Nice to meet everybody!

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts