Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to this site and pretty new to taking care of fish. My 20g freshwater tank recently suffered a Velvet epidemic and I need help with choosing new fish (most of mine died). Right now I have a white female Molly, her fry, and a bushynose Pleco. I would really appreciate some ideas of new and possibly exciting and colorful new tankmates.:fish10:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome,
I have saltwater so I can not assist you with your question. Sorry about your fish loss. Never easy to lose pets.

·
Bullheads Rock My Socks
98 Posts
im a freshwater guy...i liek natives but i recently picked up na oscar, a pike cichlid, and a jack dempsey...i also have bullheads i fished out of the local canal...i personally like aggressive fish but seeing as you have relatively small fish i would recommend maybe 10 good colored tetras, i dont liek to give a specific type because everyone is different but i would say fantail guppies, or swordtail placos due to their schooling nature and small size...they are a nice fish that are entertaining to watch

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't really know what kind of fish I like, I mean I don't have favorites, so any peaceful fish will do. I have maybe 20 some fry living in a breeding net. When they are old enough, I will give them to friends and the guy at the fish store that I go to.

·
Bullheads Rock My Socks
98 Posts
if you have the patients you should make a planted tank in your 20 gallon, maybe make an igwami tank...they are extrememly peaceful and calming ot watch with a school of tetra, or other small schooling fish

Reactions: MooImmaFish

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It is nice to have you here with us. Have a great day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts