Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am new to this site. I just decided to join so I could get advice for my tanks. Right now I have:

1 gallon: 1 male betta, 1 ADF

5 gallon: 1 ADF

I know the 1 gallon is crowded right now. Circumstances make it necessary until next week when the ADF will join his buddy in the 5 gallon. I know 1 gallon is a bit small for a betta, but I have had success with bettas in 1 gallons before. I'm curious to know what you guys think about adding a female betta to my 5 gallon with the 2 ADFs?

I look forward to hearing from you!!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site! no i would not put in a female betta since bettas like warmer temps than frogs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have cared for ADFs and Bettas before, just never together until recently, but I know that they require roughly about the same temperature. And if I do frequent water changes, plus the fact that I have a filter, the bioload shouldn't be too much of a problem, right?

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Female bettas can be more tempermental than males at times I have found. They are surely more persnickety toward tank mates I have found personally. It is not wrong to try but always have a back up plan in case you need to move someone in a hurry.

Welcome the site and hope to get to know you better.

Rose
:betta:

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hope to see some pictures of you aquarium set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts