Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's everything !! I am obviously new to the forum, but stumbled across it looking for plans for a new aquarium/environment for the recent addition to our household. He is a very active painted turtle named Gary (after Sponge Bobs snail). I wanted to name him Gamara from the old Godzilla t.v. shows, but the young one didn't know who that was ! I found him out in the street one day, and after 2 cars had blown over him, I was about to do the same, then he stuck his head out. I stopped and moved him off to the side of the road so he wouldn't end up a pancake and went on my way. After about an hour I was heading out to pick the young one up from school, and decided that if he was still there, I'd pick him up and try to give him a more suitable environment to live in. I gathered together a wide, deep Tupperware container with about 3 inches of water in it, and headed out the door. Sure enough, he was back in the street, cars rolling by at 50 mph, so I opened the door to pick him up, and he took off across two lanes of traffic as fast as a Jack Rabbit ! The traffic stopped for me, and I grabbed him and headed back to the car to pick up the young one.
So, now I want to build a large more natural habitat for him and just add on to his current tank. He's in a 20 gallon, which might be o.k. in a pet store, but now that we have his rocks and lamp. I just don't think it is going to be big enough for him. Gary is 11 inches long and 8 inches wide, and ate two dozen gold fish in 2 DAYS ! He loves to chase them ! So, I am asking for any information on Painted Turtles, their care, or habitat arrangements. Thanx everybody !
Oh, and a turtle emoticon would be cool too ! *c/p*

1 - 2 of 2 Posts