Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I got invited over here by one of this board's members, but I don't know by whom :D. However, I'd like to say hello to y'all!

I'm infected by MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome) AND MSS (Multiple Species Syndrome) beyond all hope and mostly have shrimp and other inverts swimming and crawling in my tanks.

A short overview:
  • 5 l salt water - Artemia salina breeding tank
  • 5 l fresh water - Hyalella azetca breeding tank, currently also serves as quarantine tank for three Atyaephyra desmaresti (European freshwater shrimp)
  • 12 l fresh water - houses Neocaridina heteropoda "red", the red cherry shrimp. Selective-breeding tank, my aim are deep red shrimp
  • 15 l fresh water - houses Neocaridina cf. zhangjiajiensis "white", the white pearl shrimp. Still building up the population, no sense culling in there. In addition, there are pink ramshorn snails with opaque white shells in this tank.
  • 17 l - fresh water - houses Neocaridina heteropoda, the wild form of the reds. Just for fun :D Plus red ramshorns with orange shells.
  • 30 l - fresh water - houses black tiger shrimp I got from a breeder in Germany. Mixed ramshorns, mostly blue and pink.
  • 64 l - fresh water - community tank. The paler cherries go in there, plus there are Amano shrimp and green shrimp (Caridina cf. babaulti "green") as well as some ramshorns of all colors. Moreover, Anton, the yellow apple snail, and a school of Danio margaritatus, the celestial pearl danio. Further a pair of Betta imbellis (not breeding yet, the male is still very young) and a school of Norman's lampeyes, which will go into another tank as soon as it's fully cycled and quarantine time is over.

Currently I'm stocking a 400 l panorama freshwater tank. At the moment, there are only snails in there: Blue and white apple snails, some white Malayan trumpet snails, some Tarebia granifera, or quilted melania, several still unidentified snails from the US I got from a friend, Chris Lukhaup, and the usual - Physa snails and ramshorns. Tomorrow a part of the fish are going to arrive here, a good 70 Danio erythromicron (I don't have a trivial name for them, sorry). Furtherly, there will be European freshwater shrimp, yellow shrimp (Neocaridina heteropoda "yellow") and 4 or 5 Atyopsis moluccensis, bamboo shrimp, aka Asian fan shrimp.

That's all so far, but another tank is looming ;). That one will be for my husband, and for crayfish.

I'm not very good at taking photos, but here are some that might give you a little idea.
The 30 l
The 12 l and 64 l
This shows the brine shrimp vase at the beginning (now it's all green inside, the Artemia love it ;)).

Cheers
Ulli

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome, SEVEN TANKS..........HOLY COW where do you find/buy the time? You either dont have kids or have lots of money.....lol Luna

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi Luna (bit late, I know...), I have three kids and a husband...
But there are nice inverts that help me keep the tanks spiffy, so they are actually not that much work...

There are some good algae eaters: Nerites, ramshorn and bladder snails, and Amano shrimp. Not even thread algae survive these ;).
And the ground is worked through by Malayan trumpet snails, so nothing goes wrong there. No muck-removal necessary, they all bring it to the plant roots where it is needed. Besides simple water changes and feeding I don't do anything to these tanks...

Cheers
Ulli

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Welcome. Beautiful pictures!

Rose

1 - 6 of 6 Posts