Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a 155 gal. fish tank and its held water for the last month or so, but i was looking at it and found a hairline crack in the tank, and snapped soem photos for you guys to check out. LMK what you guys think about weather can i continue the tank or not?

BTW it leaks so slightly i dont care about the leakage, im only concerned on probobility of it getting worse, or blowing out?

·
Registered
139 Posts
mine has one like that but it dosent leak. if yours continues to leak id get a new one or see if i could have it fixed. jmo.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
155 gallons is a lot of water pressure but if your talking babout the crack in the plastic frame.... I won't worry about it, if in the the glass (I can't see it) than you may want to replace that panel... thats cheaper than buy a new tank. Also if it just frame you may want to Drain the tank and reseal the tank.... It could be leaking at the seams and running down the frame.... if that the case that is easy to fix.... time consumming but easy

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think imgoing to leave it.... ill just keep an eye on it. i hope nothing goes wrong, as the cracks facing my 42" lcd

·
Registered
81 Posts
I can't see the crack, but I know that most fish stores carry some type of clear sealant that works pretty well.

I had to use it on my 44 gal corner tank. It was leaking at one of the seams and I used it and it worked.

Best of luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts